Re: Sonic FAQ File

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 12:30:22 -0500 (EST)

> Dan.. I wondering if you had gotten some e-mail I had sent earlier.
> I had made a few comments about things on this list and so far I haven't
> gotten any replies nor do I see any changes based on what I commented on.
> I might as well post them here (at least the parts I remember)

I think so, but to tell the truth the computer's been a bit glitchy
lately, eating overnight e-mail and so on. So let me address the
following:

> > Antoine . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . fox
>
> By the way.. Antoine has a last name.
> "Antoine D'Coolette" was refered to several times in the early Archie comics.
> I haven't been able to track down the 'last' time this was used though.

Thanks for the name; will use it.

> > :
> > Sally Acorn. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ground squirrel/chipmunk
> ^^^^^^^^?
> I've never heard anything stating she was supposed to be a chipmunk. I was
> wondering who had said this. [Okay, she does look a bit like a chipmunk]

I entered it this way on the assumption that "ground squirrel" and
"chipmunk" were synonymous terms. Just consulted a dictionary; turns
out that the term "ground squirrel" applies to several kinds of rodents,
including the chipmunk genus _Tamias_. So unless she changes her name
to "Tammy" I'd better stick with "ground squirrel."

> > Q5: "Sally Acorn"?
> > A: This is how she was identified in the Sonic-Gram Extra, vol.
> > 1, no. 1, Winter 94-95; I am still trying to identify a first
> > usage of the name. ....
>
> They didn't waste any time. The first 'Sally Acorn' reference I saw was
> in the very first issue Sonic Miniseries #0 [Mar 93].

Thanks again.

> --
>
> About the Sally Miniseries:
> You stated that they were going to start shipping it Feb 13 yet I got my
> copy about a week before this date. Hrm.

It's what I get for buying retail. ;-)
> > [CONTRIBUTIONS WELCOME]
>
> I was working on a summary of the comics (starting from Miniseries 0)..
> As per some folks suggestions I'm including credits and plot summaries.
> Oig. It taking longer than I had figured it would. I'm only up to issue
> #3 of the regular series.

Take your time; it's coming together on an as-we-go basis.

Dan