Re: Next Sonic game...

From: Marc Young - MECE/W94 <myoung_at_acs.ryerson.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 17:44:09 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Feb 1995, Wallis, Mike wrote:

> Hi all. I'm brand new to this mailing list, and, well, I work for Sega. :)
> I'm an Associate Producer in the STI group (the group that did Sonic 2,
> Sonic Spinball, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles), and I'm curious as to what
> Sonic fans and gamers would like to see and/or expect from another Sonic
> game. We're planning on having one out for the 32X, so I'd like to hear
> from all you Sonic fans.

Hey... that's great! Finally a rep from Sega! Well, being a 32X owner I
expect great things from it. From what I have seen from Chaotix... it
looks pretty impressive... one question... Where is Sonic?!?!? As I
understand it... Sonic will make his appearance on the Japanese version
of the game and not the American. Is Sega of America focusing on
Knuckles instead of our favorite blue speed demon? I think that the
characters should use the rings for more that just.. well.. points and
keeping from getting you killed! How about the rings as weapons, tossed
projectiles? I really liked the idea for Super Sonic using the rings as
time for being Super.

Just as a side note... isn't Chaotix the next 32X "Sonic" type game or
are you talking about another version? If it's another version... try a
32X-CD Sonic game... now that would rock! How about that Sonic arcade
game that never really made it? Are they only going to bring out Sonic
Arcade for the Saturn or will be playing it on out 32X?

> This is all unsolicited information for Sega... In other words, Sega didn't
> put me up to asking this; I'm asking for myself only.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^The above is my disclaimer. :-)
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike

Hmmm... maybe I have more questions than suggestions. Oh well *:(. BTW,
I work for Electronics Boutique and I am considered the resident Sega and
Sonic expert so if there are any little tid-bits of info you could send
my way, it would be greatly appreciated!

-The Sonic Warrior