Sonic Merchandise List (2nd beta)

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 17:12:58 -0500 (EST)

/* Here are the beginnings of a Sonic merchandise list. Let's try
   to make it more complete and in time make it a retrievable file.
   Although the Sonic list isn't for games, I think it would make
   sense to include them here.

   All information on Sega products was cut and pasted from a session
   log on CompuServe. Submissions of brief game descriptions are
   welcome.

   Are Sonic cels available? Not that I could ever afford one, but I
   will include them if given the info.

   I would like to keep this document seperate from the FAQ, but I do need
   your help with submissions, descriptions, and corrections.

   Contributors: Alessandro Sanasi, Dan Drazen, Chris Baird

   Erich Schulman (KTN4CA)
   Team OS/2

*/

GAMES
-----
1. (handheld game) I only remember seeing it about a month ago.
   Can anyone else supply details?
2. Sonic the Hedgehog LCD Wrist Game from Tiger Electronics. This
   was offered in conjunction with some of the video cassettes. You
   would return proofs of purchase and some cash and then get the game.
   The offer has already expired. Is this game also sold in stores?
3. AMAZING SONIC THE HEDGEHOG POCKET ARCADE from Sega
   Sonic and Robotnik are at it again! The diaboloicol Dr. Robotnik has created a
   robot factory and it's up to Sonic to stop the mass production of metal mutants!
   Sonic works his way through the maze-like rooms in an effort to find and remove
   the Emeralds - the factory's only power source. Team up with Sonic through 12
   levels of fast and furious action as he tries to put Robotnik out of business -
   for good!
4. GAME GEAR SONIC 2 SYSTEM from Sega
5. GENESIS SONIC 2 SYSTEM from Sega
6. SONIC CD from Sega
   In his first CD adventure, Sonic goes head to head with The Metal Sonic,
   Dr. Robotnik's head with The Metal Sonic, Dr. Robotnik's evil Hedgehog creation!
   Sonic discovers Robotnik wants all of the Time Stones from The Little Planet so
   he can bend time and rule the world! Can you help Sonic get them first?
7. SONIC CHAOS FOR GAME GEAR from Sega
   Here he comes, straight from his high-speed Sonic 2 adventure! Headstrong Sonic
   The Hedgehog and his feisty friend Tails blast into hyperspeed to save the Chaos
   Emeralds. If evil Dr. Robotnik snatches the Emeralds first, he'll make a Super
   Bomb! Could this be the end?

TOYS (NON-GAME)
---------------
0. I read something about a third plushie. Anyone else know anything about it?
1. Sonic plush toy. It's of Sonic, about 12". From Caltoy.
2. Tails plush toy. It's of Tails, also about 12". From Caltoy.

FOOD
----
0. I've seen a commercial for Honey Nut Cheerios featuring Sonic and
   its bee mascot. Watch the General Mills section of your grocer's
   cereal aisle in case there is a Sonic cereal in the future.
1. _Fanta_ can from England with Sonic on it and the text
   'Orange Zone - Sonic cool can - the drink with attitude'.
   Fanta is made by Coca-Cola.

APPAREL
-------
1. Boys' briefs from Fruit of the Loom. Size 5 (and others?). I
   didn't buy a pack so I don't have a full description.
2. SLEEVELESS SONIC AND KNUCKLES DENIM JACKET from Sega
3. SONIC AND KNUCKLES 2ND TO NONE T-SHIRT from Sega
4. SONIC AND KNUCKLES LOW-CROWN CAP from Sega
5. SONIC AND KNUCKLES MOVING DISC WATCH from Sega
6. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG "RELAXED" CAP from Sega
7-12: T-Shirts (Wow, an entire rack devoted to Sonic :) All to fit
      sizes M to L, full colour, and made of cotton.

        7) Front: Large portrait of Sonic doing that "standard" pointing
        pose, with the rest of the black cotton shirt covered (all over)
        in a dark yellow collage of scenes from the ?original video game.
        Back: cheesy rear view of same. Size M; Mnf. by "Top Heavy".

        8) A black cotton T-Shirt -- small picture of Sonic "in action"
        over the pocket area w/ "Sonic" banner underneath. Mnf. Acme.
        [Btw, this and the rest of the shirts are from Acme's "SEGA Mega
        Wear" line.]

        9) Black cotton shirt with warm yellow and orange picture of a
        combat ?troll poking his head out from a tank on the front.
        Large banner with "Pretend its a Game" in faux-bitmap text on
        back. [Prolly not Hedgehog related, but mnf. by Acme..]

        10) Black cotton shirt with several faux-bitmapped Sonics to show
        him running about (the final and largest pic with his arms
        folded) with the banner "Think Fast". By ?????.

        11) Black or white cotton shirt with the canonical "Sonic 2"
        portrait (with Tails) and S2 banner. By ?????.

        12) Black cotton shirt with a "television's eye view" of Sonic
        frantically playing with a game controller. Exaggerated
        comic-eqsue line work by "Brad". By ?????.

CARDS AND COLLECTIBLES
----------------------
1. Valentine's Day cards. By ????????
2. Collector cards from Topps (sold in 1993). 33 sticker cards, 33 game
   tips cards and 6 (very rare) prism cards.
3. Official SEGA sticker album from Panini. 228 stickers showing scenes
   from the games and the weekday Sonic cartoon. Available at least in
   England and Germany.

PUBLICATIONS
------------
1. SONIC STRATEGY GUIDE from Sega
2. "Sonic the Hedgehog" comic, issued monthly. From Archie Comics.
3. "Sonic the Comic" comic, issued fortnightly. From Fleetway
   Publications.
4. "Sonic the Hedgehog", (c) 1993 By Michael Teitelbaum. From Troll
   Associates.
5. "Sonic the Hedgehog: Robotnik's Revenge", (c) 1994. By Michael Teitelbaum.
   From Troll Associates.
6. "Sonic the Hedgehog: Fortress of Fear, (c) 1994. By Michael Teitelbaum.
   From Troll Associates.
7. "Sonic the Hedgehog and the Silicon Warriors", (c) 1993. By Martin Adams.
   Published by Virgin, London
8. "Sonic the Hedgehog in the Fourth Dimension", (c) 1993. By Martin Adams.
   Published by Virgin, London
9. "Sonic the Hedgehog in Robotnik's Laboratory", (c) 1993. By Martin Adams.
   Published by Virgin, London
10. "Sonic the Hedgehog in Castle Robotnik", (c) 1994. By Martin Adams.
    Published by Virgin, London

VIDEOS
------
1. (S) Super Sonic (Buena Vista 2850)
   Episodes: "Super Sonic", "Sonic and Sally"
2. (S) Hooked On Sonics (Buena Vista 2849)
   Episodes: "Hooked On Sonics", "Warp Sonic"
3. (S) Sonic Racer (Buena Vista 2851)
   Episodes: "Sonic Racer", "Sonic Boom"
4. (A) Grounder the Genius (Buena Vista 2380)
   Episodes: "Grounder The Genius", "Black Headed Eagle"
5. (A) Road Hog (Buena Vista 2381)
   Episodes: "Road Hog", "Tails In Charge"
6. (A) Robotnik Express (Buena Vista 2382)
   Episodes: "Robotnik Express", "Tails' New Home"
7. (A) Slowww Going (Buena Vista 2383)
   Episodes: "Slowww Going", "Over the Hill"
8. (A) Sonic's Song (Buena Vista 2379)
   Episodes: "Sonic's Song", "Best Hedgehog"
9. (A) Super Special Sonic Search Squad (Buena Vista 2385)
   Episodes: "Sonic Underground", "Lovesick Sonic"

All listings are VHS cassettes. All tapes marked (A) are the "Adventures
of Sonic the Hedgehog" weekday series, and those marked (S) are part of
the Saturday morning series.

OTHER STUFF
-----------
1. Drink bottles (of the attach-to-bicycle-frame persuasion) --
   robust looking plastic moulding printed with a STH banner and
   two pictures of Sonic-- one a typical running pose, the other of
   him reclining in a sun chair wearing dark glasses. Mnf by ???
   Made in Australia.
2. Bike helmets -- made from expanded polystyrene and a thin plastic shell
   covered with multiple pictures of Sonic lifting weights. Available in
   sizes SM/M and with a black or white background. Mnf. by "Headstart".

SUPPLIERS
---------
Acme /* Not the same Acme you see in WB cartoons */

Archie Comics
325 Fayette Ave.
Mamaroneck, NY 10543

Buena Vista Home Video
Burbank, CA 91521

Caltoy, a division of C&H Toy of America Inc.
La Palma, CA

Coca-Cola Co.
One Coca-Cola Plaza N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30313

Fleetway Editions Ltd.
25/31 Tavistock Place
London WC1H 9SU
Tel. 071 344-6400

Fruit of the Loom
6300 Sears Tower
Chicago, IL 60606

General Mills
One General Mills Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55426

Headstart

Panini --
     PANINI PUBLISHING LTD
     Tunbridge Wells
     2TN2 5TT

     Distribution in Germany:
        ASV Vertriebs GmbH
        Suederstrasse 77
        20097 Hamburg
     Distribution in Austria:
        Pressegrossvertrieb Salzburg
        Niederalm 300
        5081 Salzburg

Sega of America
255 Shoreline Dr.
Redwood City, CA 94065

SONIC BACK ISSUE ZONE /* Back issues of "Sonic the Comic" */
Aim Ltd.
PO Box 10
Sunderland, SR4 6SN
United Kingdom

Tiger Electronics Inc.
980 Woodlands Parkway
Vernon Hills, IL 60061

Top Heavy
Sydney, Australia

THE TOPPS COMPANY INC.
Duryea, PA 18642

Troll Associates
Mahwah, NJ

Virgin, London

Whole Toon Catalog /* cartoon video tape retailer */
P.O. Box 369
Issaquah, WA 98027