Re: It's too quite.

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 23:39:00 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Feb 1995 craig.moore_at_twty.chi.il.us wrote:

> Gee, Is it just me or hace things quited down a bit? Don't be shy, Post your
> questions or start a subjuct. Has anyone heard of the sonic movie? It was
> mentioned in the cominc book. But here is a good question,

I've not heard anything about a movie except for what the comic said.

> Will it be live action or cartoon? And who thinks it would be better as a live
> action movie? I think it would be great. I just hope they do a better job on it
> then was done to mario bros. Just my 2 cents. What do you think?

I don't know..... I found non-animated Flintstones visually shocking.
Combined with the different voices, it was all such a distraction that it
was impossible for me to allow the Flintstones movie to be what it is.
If the StH movie is going to be animated, I hope DIC will take advantage
of a pre-established audience and, using contractors where necessary,
make a first-rate product that will show the world what they can do if
they really want to. That can help them bring in sales revenue and
capital to hire better writers, artists, and animators and expand
production capability. They won't become a Warner Bros. overnight, but
this can be the beginning of moving from minor to major studio status.

Recycling is good, but, really, is "Captain Planet" the stuff classic
animation is made of? Or what about "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog"
(which I don't actually have access to without buying the tapes)?

I can't comment on the Mario Bros.; I've not seen that movie.

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA)
Team OS/2