Re: TurboKat: an F-14G?

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 00:07:05 -0700

>Hey Y'all,
> The TurboKat's third "engine" is actually their "car" called the
>"SandKat" that can be deploied from the "TurboKat"
>
>Balto

"Good Balto! You took on the roughest, toughest tree in the forest...and
  you won!" -- Boris Goosetinov

(I love that movie! I love the *idea* of that movie...)

Anyway, back to reality. To begin with, it didn't look as though they ever
used the "third engine" (at least, I can't recall any scenes of three contrails
during the early eps offhand), and it seemed as though the extra nozzle was
just a kind of 'false front' to disguise the presence of the additional vehicle.
Later on (in an episode I should spank myself for not remembering), the
'Kat guys do a Turbokat mod which gives them either three engines for
the first time, or simply more powerful versions of the three that previously
existed - it's a bit ambiguous. The quote is:

"Uh, T-Bone...we'll get *there* a lot faster with ALL our engines...."

(or similar)