Re: Newsletters and Prodigy...

From: Louallen Wheeler <louallen.wheeler_at_scsc.shasta.cc.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 15:10:33 GMT

-> From: chance_at_unix.infoserve.net (chance)
-> To: kats_at_lists.mv.net
-> Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 08:11:27 -0700
-> Subject: Re: Newsletters and Prodigy...
->
-> >
-> >>>Yeah, Christian told me that Kyle "sends me stuff, and I send him
-> >>
-> >>You actually know him? I'd love to know him! Geez! My life stinks!
So? Lot's of us have crappy lives! I don't know him, but do I go
around saying that I know him? Well, actually, I do. But that's not
the point. In a few years, lotsa' people here will know him.
(Maybe...)

-> >
-> > Kyle's spoken to him. I've spoken to Davis Doi.
->
-> Well, "know" is usually reserved for someone you've seen in person, a
-> I've only talked to Christian on the phone (does fax count nowadays?)
->
-> >>Hey, we get bored! (Although, everyone wants to give me a nickname
-> >>everyone thinks that I will give them my entire lunch when I'd rath
-> >smack'em.)
Ryan, it's okay! You don't have to give me, Jon, Alisha {sp}, Kristin,
etfc., etc., your chewy Spree candy if you don't wanna. It's just that
some people don't have spare money to spend on candy. What you get for
lunch in one day is what I get if I'm lucky for one week's allowance.
Sheesh! Well, that's Ryan...

->
-> I feel the same way about politicians.
We hassle Ryan all the time about food (mainly to try to GET food FROM
HIM. But we really don't mean any harm by it. (Now that I share our
lunchtime stories from last year at Foothill High School does everyone
believe me that I know him and we're very close friends? Oh, by the
way; he's not as bad as he portrays himself online...)
    As far as polititions go, I feel the same way. I still think it'd
be cool if Bill Clinton (saxaphone) and Tipper Gore (drums) got together
and did a duet together. Hey, I'd play Rythm Guitar or Bass Guitar for
'em...)

->
-> > I've always been DJ Clawson to *whatever* club or list I'm in or
-> >That's what my Questie (seaQuest fan) buds know me as. When I went t
-> >QuestieCon in Feburary, people called me DJ or Dr. Jake or even just
-> >(I've had a few people on line call me Doc). Some of them didn't kno
-> >wasn't my real name until I got the the con. It was kinda cool.
->
-> I don't get time to hit the cons, but the regulars on alt.tv.animania
-> elsewhere still call me "chance" even though most of 'em are well awa
-> of my RN. S'cool, I suppose. (I think I've earned another nick up
-> the Turner corporate ladder a-ways, but I don't think it's repeatable
-> polite company).
I WANNA HEAR IT!!!!! (Imitating C-Ko from Project A-Ko...)
->
-> ('Quest is toast, along with "Space: Above and Beyond", "Nowhere Man"
Space: Above and Beyond is still on, and so is Nowhere Man. Space is
on Fox 30 in our area, and I think that Nowhere is on 30 or 24 (NBC).

-> "Picket Fences" and probably "Strange Luck"; along with fully hal
-> ting
Picket Fences is still on.
-> lineup last Fall. Cartoons are doing no better: "Free Willy", "R
-> he Tick",
Hey, Reboot and the Tick kick a$$! Don't diss my cartoons!

-> "Dumb and Dumber", "Sailor Moon", "Teknoman" and "Space Strikers"
-> roadkill, with the survivors limping along in the face of the low
-> k viewership
I got my first look at Sailor Moon a few days ago (albeit a 'snowy'
look) and I think it rocks! Anime, cute girls, some pretty cool/funny
dialog, great effects, cool morphing scenes (where they turn from
regular girls to Sailor Scouts) all combine to make a cool cartoon/

-> figures in years. Blame internet for some of the viewer losses, b
-> the
-> responsibility rests squarely on the shoulders of the network exe
-> cure
-> endless three-set s*itcoms at the expense of anything worthwile,
-> n
-> premises <premisii?> that make even the most jaded of us pine for
-> ld
-> days of the early 70's. "SwatKats" in toondom is kinda my equiva
-> "Earth 2", "Space: Above and Beyond" and "The Young Indiana Jones
-> s"
-> in the live-ac world. Nothing I like ever seems to make it beyo
-> )
->
->
-> Guess I'll have to develop a taste for Aaron Spelling efforts, "Caspe
-> "Married with Children" reruns. Either that, or do an SCTV number on
-> TV.
->
-> "Dedicated to the indomitable spirit of the sled dogs that relayed
-> antitoxin six hundred miles over rough ice, across treacherous water
-> through Arctic blizzards from Nenana to the relief of stricken Nome
-> the winter of 1925. Endurance, Fidelity, Intelligence." -- "Balto"