Re: Why Canceled?

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 02:14:27 +0700

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Pastmaster wrote:
>It makes docters and lawers and attorneys (same thing) look intelligent
>compaired to what Ted did! Don't be so nice!!!

Don't forget politicians.

>>>2) Turner looked at the show and decided
>>>it was too violent
>>
>>I think that SWAT Kats is no more violent than your average
>>live-action action/adventure TV shows.
>
>That's probably it right there. In the U.S. The most violent cartoon not
>animated in Japan was Batman (But I detect some anime features about that).

Now lets not go to that subject again. ;)

>Cartoons over here usually aren't violent, unless the violence translates to
>being funny.

Like a ten ton anvil dropping to your head.

>Since SWAT Kats has humor that is excersized in the real world
>and has an anime animation background (it was made in Japan), it corolates
>to meaning that Ted finds the realism unorthidox for small children, which
>love the violence that SWAT Kats brings.

I guess that when people watch cartoons, they except to see a cartoon
instead of a good animation.

>>>Most likely the only truth on the subject we'll ever know is that
>>>Turner's an idiot who didn't know a good thing when he had it.
>>
>>Now that is the source of income that he doesn't realize.
>>
>But you don't get it, do you? Just what event that happens every two years?

Ted's highest peak?

>What event takes place in the winter one year, and in the summer two years
>later? What is everyone looking forward to? What is everyone sponsoring? The
>Olympics are taking place in Atlanta, Georga, U.S.A., this year.

Wait a minute. I thought that the Olympics take place every four years?