Unofficial SK leather bomber jackets!

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 22:42:36 -0400 (EDT)

chance chated:
>>(I was thinking of getting the 'Kat guys put on the back of one of them
>> WWII "Flying Tiger" style leather jackets, but I can't think how to go
>> about doing that. Now *that* would be an outstanding piece of kit!)
Matt mulled:
>Hmm.. I'd been thinking about something like this also. The closest I could
>come to a solution was to somehow transfer a print onto an embroidery cloth.
>(My printer can print on fabric sheets, but I haven't tried this yet.)
>Then, do the cross-stitching & sew it onto the jacket somehow.

Guys, guys! You can AIRBRUSH designs onto leather. They make special dyes to
do it. Just cut out the frisket stencils, fire up the compressor, and awaaay
you go- (make sure you're ready for the flood of orders from all of us
standin in line!) Then you spray protective stuff over the whole she-bang.
You can brush-paint the dyes as well.

Just don't let anybody tell you to use Rit clothing dye. I had some
Kartuffel-Koph at the leather store tell me to use it on sheepskin panels
that were going into a $1,600+ folding screen. What a mess! I could have
bought the leather dye for $2 or $3 more! Ended up having to use shoe polish
to get the color right.
=^^=