Re: The original policewoman and Dead-Head missile.

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 07:40:23 -0700

Edo wrote that Terra wrote that Ryan wrote...that someone wrote...

>>>Well, I'm currently curious on finding out on what the original policewoman
>>>look like.
>>>
>>Put er on. She might even be cool and cute (druel druel) at the same time.
>
>Andy, got any information on her?

To be honest, the first I'd even heard of it was in Mark Lungo's article. I
should make up a questions list for Christian Tremblay or something, then
post all the answers. Unfortunately, that requires something called 'organization',
and that ain't my strong suit.

>So what are you saying is, they decided that the guys just aren't the type
>that would use that kind of missile, right?

Yep. Collect your kewpie-doll as you exit the building. The Powers-That-Be
over there obviously misunderstood the Prime Directive of Action-Adventure:

"Ordnance is fun"

I think a third season should've maybe achieved a balance between stuff
like the "Dead-head Missile" at the one extreme, and that Physicist's
Nightmare "The Mole Missile" at the other.

>BTW , the Dark SWAT Kats seem to have many of the original SWAT Kats
>characteristics, why?

A lot of people have been mentioning this, but I still just don't see it. Razor and
T-Bone's voices are gruffer, their costumes drift a bit towards "The Punisher",
but aside from that - I dunno. Early versions of the Kat-guys that I've seen in
"Toon" and a promo poster that I have just kinda draw the 'guys more
"cartoony" then what we've come to know and miss; not simply nastier
versions of them like in DSotSK.