Re: Ages of listmembers

From: Ed Rudnicki <erudnick_at_pica.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 96 15:38:31 EDT

>Ed wrote (inbetween explosions...)

All quiet on the Jersey front. For now <heh heh>.

>>Oh, thank goodness!!! Somebody older than me!!! :) Not by much, as
>>I've only got 6 months until I turn 36.
>
>I'd always thought that the transformation of kid-to-adult was akin to that
>of the worm becoming a butterfly: you start off life wriggling where you please,
>wind up in a three-piece-suit coccoon, then emerge as a boring corporate butterfly.
>It's obvious from the examples of Ed and Peej that I don't have to worry about that
>for at least the next four/five years.

Or for life. This sort of thing happens to most people. I was well
on my way, until someone gave me a copy of TLM, and I was saved :)

And I can't speak for Peej, but I am non-typical: most engineers
never get their hands dirty, or get to see actual hardware much. I
couldn't be a proper "normal" engineer, and most of them wouldn't
want any of the three jobs I've had (nukes, toxic chemicals,
munitions - is there a pattern? :).

>>To add more Kat content: I've been finding the Gordy Toys items here
>>and there. When I was asked to pick some up the places where I found
>>stuff didn't have them anymore :( It seems that Gordy ships a mix of
>>SK and TMNT versions of their junk, I mean product. The SK items
>>sell; the TMNT versions don't. FWIW.
>
>Yeah, a sentiment echoed by many of the X-Mart type stores I'd called in search
>of the items:
>
>"We had a bunch of that stuff awhile ago, but now we're sold out".

Gordy is still selling, but it seems no one is buying.

>Still, I got my "Flash Gun", so I'd say my life is complete.

I also found the Flying Props and most recently the Handcuffs, both
in drugstores.

>(Wonder if the Tedster marketing-minds noticed stuff like this? Oh wait...
> "Tedster marketing-minds" is an oxymoron, isn't it?)

It's more like: Ignore any and all sales of SWAT Kats product, but
send a report to Ted every time a piece of New Jonny Quest
merchandise gets sold. Wildly swinging cycles are so much more fun
than steady, predictable marketing. After all, Disney has been just
so unsuccessful with the latter, eh?

Ed