Re: Education and Religion

From: Brother Buford <buford_at_halifax.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 20:44:30 -0400

<snip a whole buncha stuff>

>Doc Conway wrote:
>>>Or any sort of musings about the Afterlife?
>
>On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Brother Buford wrote:
>>Well, they do talk about "that big litterbox in the sky".
>
>In which episode?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong cause I haven't seen the ep in a
while, but I think that was said in "The Wrath of Dark Kat". I could be
wrong, but I think I've heard it somewhere if not in that ep.

>BTW, when T-Bone says "at least they're (The Metallikats) together now."
>near the end of "Unlikely Alloy", does he mean that they are both dead, or
>they are gonna go to the scrap yard together, or are they now somewhere
>else that only dead kat go?

>Edo Andromedo email : macsonic_at_rad.net.id

I think that someone wanted to slip some religious stuff into SK without
raising a whole lot of fuss, as the name change from Elrod Purvis to Viper
(dropping 'soul') was probably intended. The concept of a soul is a
religious principle, and this could have been a subtle way of inserting it
into the series. This could slip by easily, as it is very nitpicky and
could be passed off as unintended if discovered. I have a hard time
believing that it was entirely coincidental.

Brother Buford