Re: Viper's Eco concern?

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 18:59:40 -0400 (EDT)

At 12:59 PM 5/11/96 -0500, Kevin Knoles wrote:
>... before he became Dr. Viper, Elrod Purvis was a money grubbing
>anti-environmentalist, he didn't care a bit about the appilcation of the
formula, >only how he could get rich off of it. Does this put the Eco-pro
folks in a negative >light, or am I just making conspiracy theories?
I'd probably take a more romantic view. All of Elrod's money-grubbing
qualities were burned away (death & mutagens can do that to ya, I guess.)
Dr. V. may be missing a soul (ref to "s o u l" being the letters lost in the
Elrod Purvis to Dr Viper transition), but maybe his soul was rotten! So now
he's a heroic environmentalist! With MKCity being on the ocean, apparently
at the end of a river (thus the bridges), the city is built smack-dab on the
delta and estuary- prime wetlands. So let's feel a bit sorry for Dr V. when
his schemes are foiled.

Hello? Hello? Well, Kevin's probably off line by now. What a shame. I guess
I'll have to send the above by messenger cat.

On the origin/what the heck are creeplings- I wonder if the creeplings are
mutated or possibly just *visible* Greeblings? In this world, Greeblings
absolutely infest human dwellings, but humans with their poor eyesight can't
see them. My feline sources tell me that Greeblings are responsible for all
sorts of rotten stuff, and that one of the major duties of a guardian cat is
to eliminate them. When a cat jumps on newspaper, rips up the rug, gets on
the kitchen counter, etc. they're really catching and killing Greeblings.
When a cat just stares at a wall for no apparent reason, they're keeping an
eye on a Greebling that's out of reach. There's a scientific paper on them
that shows up on rec.pets.cats occasionally, but I haven't managed to snag a
copy of it yet. The description seems to match pretty well.
Paul Kemner
pkemner_at_bright.net
Tortie 1-3 are at the MaxiMall, #4 is under the cold & calculating stares of
the secret fanfic editors of Katdom, and 5+ are in progress! The Few, The
Proud, The Smug-even, The SwatKat Fanfic Authors!