Re: TurboKat

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 15:43:21 -0500 (CDT)

> > Who drew the katsvg.gif, kats04.gif, bwtbone.gif, bwrazor.gif,
> >katsmetl.gif? I am working on bwtbone.gif, and I have already finished

    I just thought I'd point out that I scanned bwtbone.gif and bwrazor.gif
from the Bike Safety Checklist (safeinsd.jpg, under Promo), but even at 600 dpi
lots of regions closed up and the images didn't come out right (Look at the
black portions on the front to Razor's helmet, those rectangular pouches on
T-Bone's torso, and their gloves, and you'll see what I mean.)
   I would have scanned at 1200 dpi, but I couldn't really due to those darn
gray regions which were really made up of tiny little dots which became
visible at that resolution and my experimentation at 1200 dpi showed (to my
amazement) that it wouldn't have helped signifigantly anyway. If there are
better, larger, versions out there (Perhaps among the 40 images Chance loaned
Matt?), then bwtbone and bwrazor should be replaced.

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / Check out SWAT Kats on the Web: \ /
     \/ http://rat.org/kats \/