Jets n Hype!

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 08:38:03 -0400 (EDT)

>Edo Andromedo answered:
>Of course it's the pilot that make the plane fly and not the plane that
make the >pilot fly.
Well- yes to a point. If your opponent can stand off out of your range and
fire stuff at you (Here- you take your favorite WWI biplane, and I'll take
a Bearcat) then you might want to re-consider. (As long as I don't crash the
'cat!)

>>We are surprised when it gives the jets a run for their
>>money- something supernatural going on here!
>Let them fight in the stratosphere! Let see who is the one that gonna go
down first.
Since the Red Lynx plane can survive any damage, it can probably fly in
space. 'Ya think a little vac is gonna hurt R.L.? He's already dead! And
don't give me any skat about the prop not working in space- the R.L. is
supernatural, and not bound by natural laws (by definition).

>>BTW- if a WWII Luft-waffle (^_^) plane was
>>used as a model- what would you pick?
>Me-262.
Interesting I had originally thought that the 262 looked to curvy and
art-deco, but maybe that's a good contrast to the angularity of the TurboKat.

>What is a jet-powered Yokosuka MXY7?! I want to see the pictures.
The 'Cherry Blossom' comment was a hint- Try looking up "OKHA" in your WWII
aviation sources. I thought this was a lot more appropriate than the Sabre,
especially considering the fate of many Enforcer pilots! (^_^) If that
doesn't work, look up 'BAKA' in those selfsame sources. Replace the rocket
motor with a jet engine. There you go!

>But I'm interested on finding out what is a Yakoulev-17.
Typed it wrong (just to throw you off- yeah sure!) it shouldn't have a 'u'.
It's a lil' ol' Russkie jet that has the same front intake, and the same
narrow stem leading to the tail. I just think that the Okha is a lot more
appropriate as a model, considering it's superior performance,
manoeverability, style, mission, and that the country of origin fits well
with that anime style!

>Yeah, the next thing we know, we'll be starting to talk about quantum physics.
How prophetic, Edo! Watch for part 5 of the Tortie Papers, when it hits a
MaxiPlex near you! (tease tease tease, hype hype hype!) Dark Kat origin?
(hype hype, tease tease) Ann Gora 'unplugged'? Only I can't send it in
'till I get a thumbs down from the Secret Fanfic Editors of Kat-dom! All
great artists need critics to ignore!

PS- If we keep adding more questions to the poll, we might as well ask for a
full biography! What's your favorite food? How many male cats with tabby
markings do you own? What's the terminal air-speed velocity of a certain
Deputy Mayor? (with briefcase or without? is that a GoodCallie or a
BadCallie?) Ahhhhh!
Paul Kemner
pkemner_at_bright.net
good things come to those who wait. of course bad things come, too!