Re: Harvey, Archie and Turner - the unholy trinity of comicdom...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 07:12:39 -0800

Ryan wrote:

>(And we're considered large compared to the "Hick-Ville" area practaclly
>surrounding us. If you don't know what "Hick-Ville" means, DON'T ask your
>parents!)

Heh. Why does *this* sentence sound vaguely familiar?

I wrote:
>> The last mention of a Kats-title
>>to Turner reps came at SanDiego comicon, where a rep from a comics
>>outfit approached a Turner rep to ask about a possible Kat-comic, and was
>>laughed off. How professional.

Ryan wrote: (sigh. my kingdom for a quoter...)

>It never ceases to amaze me; the stupidity of the populace are the highest
>ranking officials in the world. Oh, the injustice of it all!

Try talking to the upper echelons of executivedom for a good laugh (or,
some officers in the reserves for that matter), as you find yourself
redefining "stupid" almost on a daily basis. How do these folks rise
to such a "responsible" position on the strength of a single, lonely brain cell?

Certain cartoon execs are princes even among these.
>Ryan "B-ko Daitokuji" "Snoopy " "Giyggas " "Blex" "Waysgoos" Kelley
>SWAT Kats Megafan, anime fan
>"Without the world of Imortality at our sides, we would be nothing."

Hey Ryan...when you gonna fix this, bro? "Immortality"....two "m"'s.

(Thanks to my neighbours Merriam and Tormont Webster. He drinks. She gardens.
  Sad really.)