Harvey, Archie and Turner - the unholy trinity of comicdom...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 14:01:39 -0800

>>Unfortunately, if there are any, none of us know of it. All those big shot
>>companies said "No" when asked to do one. Something about "cat characters
>>not working."
>
>All I got was quote "Whatsa SWAT Kat?" just what happens when you live in a
>small town!

I thought you lived in No.Cal. What's a "small town" in No.Cal?
(lemme guess. They're still showing "Star Wars" at the local multiplex?)

Anyway, Turner had a tentative deal with Harvey Comics. Something
happened with Harvey Comics where they were bought out, or went
bankrupt, or some junk, then Archie Comics got the rights to H-B stuff.
Archie supposedly was interested in a Kats title, but was more or less
*told* not to pursue it by their parent company -- also Turner. Christian
Tremblay was talking to Dark Horse comix who were interested enough
to schedule several meetings, but in the end brushed off Christian with
the comment that Peej is referring to. The last mention of a Kats-title
to Turner reps came at SanDiego comicon, where a rep from a comics
outfit approached a Turner rep to ask about a possible Kat-comic, and was
laughed off. How professional.