Re: The vortex scene on "The Pastmaster Always Ring Twice".

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 13:58:00 -0600 (CST)

> >Is it a standard animation or a computer animation?
>
> >From what I understand, there was very little computer assisted anything
> involved in the production of Kats. In fact, and I stand to be corrected,
>
> Um...in other words, "no"...I'm pretty certain it was someone with a pencil
> and a great deal of imagination.

    I'm not an expert, but I'd say the scene where T-Bone and Razor go
hurtling into the vortex back to prehistoric times *has* to be CG. I have no
idea how it could be anything but. True, I don't immediately recall any type
of CG mentioned in the credits (I'll check again.) but still, it looks mighty
CG to me.

    Now the scenes with *exterior* of the vortex, if that's what you're
talking about, those are hand drawn, that's clear.

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / The Long Lost, but now found Kats Fan \ /
     \/ \/