We've been under the microscope...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 17:39:10 -0800

I didn't pass this around earlier just to be fair, but Turner's Public Relations
2IC has been reading the katmail for the last two months or so for an
undetermined purpose. They've unsubscribed now, but likely because
their mailbox kinda overflowed with enthusiastic katfans! I hope some kind
of lesson was learned by them, and I might ask a few followup questions
of the dude to see if the Tedco position has altered somewhat for the
experience.

Also, I've been away for a week, so kat-ching up is a bit of a chore. If
someone slung something my way in the form of a list-post that needed
a reply - I'll get to it shortly. I should take this opportunity to point out
that Professor Hackle first assembled the Metallikats in "The Metallikats"
episode by combining their drowned remains with those of the robots seen
next to their bodies washed up on the beach. Hackle is also given the robot
remains of Mac and Molly at the conclusion of "Metal Urgency", with the
strong implication that they'd be reassembled at some later date.

I also see Dana has updated the FAQ after I said I'd take care of it. Good,
actually - it didn't look as though I'd have the time anyhoo. I also just got
"Metallikats Attack" from Matt Weber, and noticed that you American
types get a _lot_ more stuff than us Back-Bacon and Igloo citizens north of
the 49th. Tedco went through an awful lot of trouble to put all those testimonials
by the kiddies in the beginning trailer on that tape, yet quotes "ratings" as the
cancellation reasoning to its own employees? Um..yeah. Light up another
one there, Ted... The quality of the taping is far superior to the Canuck pressings
 too - as your versions don't have the telltale "bending" of the vid information
 at the top which shows up on so many Canadian dubs (usually
 due to "Macrovision"). The temporary tattoos were just as bad in the colour
 department as the Northern versions, if not even worse.