Re: Callico Briggs (or is it Calico Briggs ?)?

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 23:37:35 -0800

>chance, she is a kat (I think that a cat is different from a kat, in some
>sort of wy.), I think that the spelling of her name should be converted
>too. Of course unless somebody here have a better idea on how it should be
>spell, that's why we need the new FAQ, this spelling thing is got to be
>agree on.

>Yes, I agree with you on adding more letters on somebody nickname, although
>I still believe it is "Callico".

"WHAT we have here is - 'failure to communicate'..."

FAQ is short for "Frequently Asked Questions", and it appears the first question is
likely to be "What is a FAQ?". Okay. The FAQ will contain answers to questions
about the SwatKats that every fan is likely to ask, and I plan on using references in this
order:

1) Information obtained through the episodes themselves - always available.
2) Information obtained through Hanna-Barbera via official channels where available.
3) Information obtained through Kats crew members, current or ex-, where available.
4) Gossip and rumour with the appropriate "dunno if this is reality, but it's the best we
     could do" disclaimer. All too frequently available.
5) Consensus among current members of this list in the total absence of any of the above.

So, in other words, Hanna-Barbera's in-house "Style Guide" writes "Calico" as exactly that -
one little-old lonely "l" - not a happily married couple. The FAQ will reflect that, being that
the information comes from "2" (see, above "5"...lower number wins!). Of course, you can
do whatever you please in fanfic, postings, grafitti, cattle mutilations...whatever, but fans
in the wider viewership with access to the FAQ are going to want as many *facts* as we
can provide.

Remember the Bible? (Big book...lots of death...the Butler did it) Well, the H-B "Style Guide"
that I've got is exactly that...the Alpha and the Omega. There is no arguing with it. Lightning
bolts rain down from Mount Olympus for less...C-A-L-I-C-O cat!

(Take notes, there'll be a test...)