"Just when you thought it was safe"...redux

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 18:47:10 -0800

Hi gang. I've got about 30 messages to catch up on, but I thought I'd pass this on
from e-mail. It seems that a number of our posts are making the rounds at Turner Atlanta,
purpose unknown, but of sufficient interest to make it all the way back to me via seemingly
uninvolved individuals. I'm also pretty close to getting a *name* to attach to "SwatKats"
death-warrant, as those who've asked within the organization appear to have done little more
than set off a voice-mail avalanche between New York, L.A. and Atlanta. Get your sharp
little pens ready, and maybe we'll have something a little more usable than the fan-mail
dead-letter office at H-B Classics to "tell us what you think!"

Next, I just got one of the unused "SwatKats" scripts in the mail. Wow, it's outstanding,
and even *reads* as fun as most of the episodes are. Either myself or one of my co-conspirators
will scan it in for posting to the site at rat.org, and I'm toying with the idea of sending up excerpts
to the list.

Oh yeah. Newsgroups are being monitored by, er..."certain" people right now too - including
alt.tv.swatkats - so if you feel the sudden urge to support the program in a public fashion or express
your disappointment at the cancellation in your own inimitable fashion, I can't think of a better time.
I think Ted's learning that you can't always trust Nielsen's or the spin-doctors doing the
interpretation, and maybe they'll figure out that three eps worth of storyboards lying on an
H-B shelf aren't earning them *any* money - and certainly would be a better use of 9 mil
than 19 not-quite-but-almost-totally-unfinished eps of "Jonny Quest" (blank X-sheets and all).