Re: Callie and Manx

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 08:26:30 -0800

>I know a few Political Science majors that spend time campaigning for
>politicians. It's not particularly fun, but it gives them contacts for
>their own future in politics.

Yeah, Callie could've shown Manx how to erase the six minutes, and earn a job
for life! (*Very* obscure...sorry!).

> SWAT KATS: The Radical Squadron: The Radical Fan Club

I like this. Again, when Turner dumped the responsiblity for dealing with fan-mail/fan relations
in the lap of H-B's "Classic Cartoons" division, there were all sorts of promises being made
to interested parties before one of three things happened:

a) they were told there was no budget for keeping the fans happy
b) they were told to promote the WPT's and "Jonny" to the exclusion of all else
c) they were told not to talk to "sh** disturbers".

I expect reality is actually an amalgamation of all three, or as close to "reality" as Turner has ever come.
Even if they just offered the same Kats stuff that the H-B "Employee Store" once had, I think
they'd find public opinion concerning Turner and their handling of Katfans would take a gestalt
leap upward.

Of course, finishing the three incomplete episodes for broadcast would help a bit too...as would
replacing one of the duplicate halfs of "Scooby" on TBS with a Kats slot. If they really want to
know why they're losing on all fronts, they should just put "The Deadly Pyramid" and "Yukky Duck"
side-by-side and elicit comments. Some of them might even be repeatable in polite company.