Re: Kat guys must be Lt.'s

From: Ed Rudnicki <erudnick_at_pica.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 96 16:08:19 EST

Chance:
>> likely meaning that all the other pilots would be Lieutenants (all military
>> pilots are Lt. or above). I noticed something about the rank insignia

Not true, in that in the Army, as well as in other forces, you have
or had warrant officers, and senior NCOs, as pilots.

Simon:
>So are Jake and Chance just officers or Lieutenants as suggested earlier
>in your post since they are pilots? I'm assuming that the regular
>"cannon-fodder" for the series are just plain officers, which would
>indicate that Jake and Chance are just that since they seem to be wearing
>the same uniform in that flashback.

I think part of the problem is that the Enforcers fall somewhere
between the armed forces, where "officers" are commissioned, and
make up only a small percentage of the force, and the police, in
which every body on the street (at least in the US) is an
"officer".

Ed