Re: Copyright legality information

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 22:22:11 -0800

> Okay. While the subject has come recently, what is the final word on
>this subject? I write short stories all the time based on other copyrighted
>information, and I've done my best to get all the copyright owners at the
>beginning. However, I'm currently on a SK story, but I don't know how to
>phrase the copyright? Is it a three way copyright between the Brothers
>Tremblay, HB, and <UGH!> Turner or do the Brothers hold exclusive copyright
>or what?

Hooray...something on copyright that I *know*!

The copyright is actually registered to "Hanna-Barbera Cartoons Inc.",
which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Turner Entertainment. The Bros.
don't hold any form of copyright (H-B creators have to sign over all their
rights in order to get stuff like the WPT's and "Two Stupid Dogs" done in the
first place) aside from the apparent rights to a feature film should one be
produced. Your disclaimer really only has to include "Hanna-Barbera".

 "Sorry for staring...it's just that you looked so much like the 'Cheshire Cat' for a
  minute there, and I was rather hoping bits of you would begin to disappear.."
 (--Me)