Re: TCN

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 06:26:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 29 Aug 1995, Ian Lynn wrote:

> >Well, all of you that have been keeping up with the 'Kats on TCN will be
> >glad to know that next week, they will be moving to 5:30PM EST M-F starting
> >next week.
>
> Well, a new time slot is fine, but for how long, and are we going to
> get any second season episodes??
>
> I still haven't got a response back from the "toonnet_at_aol.com" on
> my letter to them, asking about the the second season, guess since
> I mentioned I liked the show it was too dangerous to answer.
> Anyone know what the typical turn-around time on responses are from TCN??

I did an experiment awhile back to test this. I asked the "toonnet"
address something basic during the first week of July:

        "What will be the Kats showtimes during the "SwatKats Month
         in July?"

I got the reply telling me the times for the program...two weeks later
when July was nearly August.

Asking something difficult gets you ignored, so keep it simple if you
don't want to be talking to yourself.

> I want to know what the pay-off was for the kids in the
> "You say it, We play it" segments were the kids request their favorite
> "WPT". "Here kid we'll give you an ice cream if you say you want to see
> George and Jr.." I can here it now.

They aren't doing all that well despite what Teddy Bear says. Even in
Hanna-Barbera, the opinions vary from "They're sh*t", to "some are good.
The majority aren't". These people are ex-Kats forced to work on this stuff.

 "Using my amazing powers of intellect, I've concluded that life was more fun
  when I was stupid...at least there were more TV shows to watch..."
                     "Monty" from the daily strip "Robotman"