Re: Kat stuph

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 20:16:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 17 Aug 1995, Dana Uehara wrote:

> Just got a call from Mark Lungo (the author of the "Animato!" article)
> earlier today. He told me he found a few SK figurines in a local
> K-Mart, so apparently the suggestion I put in the FAQ still holds.
> <grin>
>
> I'll be printing out a copy of the FAQ as well as a copy of some other
> stuff for Lungo and sending it to him. If you want to help me revise
> or update the FAQ before I send it out, please let me know ASAP! Thanks.

Arrggghhh...Dana beat me to the punch. Okay, I still have the "left hook"..

The Ac-figure manufacturer, Remco, has the following 800 number for
questions regarding who the hell actually bought all the figures. It is
not "reachable from my calling area" (Canada), so it's up to one of the
intrepid USA Kat-people to do the dialing. The number is:

1-800-438-0917 (just say you want to ask someone about the SwatKats
                figures)

Here's one I may take on, but maybe someone in the area can beat me to
it. K-Mart's head office is in Troy, Michigan. This is likely the only
place to get an actual list of what stores have what - the local stores
(well, 121 miles for me) don't really have a single clue to split between
them.

I'll forward Dana the contact info for the FAQ for people to write, and
some other junk (including the newsgroup name, and the fanclub on Prodigy).

 "Listen son...I don't give a cahoots whether Rock'n'Roll _is_ changing the
  world. It means nothin' to me but dollars and cents..."

 --Elvis manager Col. Tom Parker, waving a wad of 100's at the idealistic.