(fwd) Wrath of DKat - didya notice..

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 07:26:41 -0700

Newsgroups: alt.tv.swatkats
Subject: Wrath of DKat - didya notice..
Date: 11 Jul 1995 14:02:47 GMT

     When everyone _does_ manage to get a hold of the tapes, you'll
notice that the quality is _far_ above what we're used to seeing on the
broadcast end of things. The colour (especially BG) is just fantastic.
Anyway, I just watched the ep for something like the sixtieth time, and
noticed a few things.

     One, in the Megacat (sic) City Salvage Yard, as the camera pans to
"Jake and Chance Garage" - check out the sign above the garage door. It
says (and I'm not making this up):

        "Ask about our two-for-one Steering Wheel Special"

     Heh! Couldn't notice that before because the pic-quality was too lousy.
This sign is GONE from all the subseqent eps that I can see, and I think
it was removed because it represented some kind of comment about the
corporate leadership. Heh!

     Cool couple of things from this ep, did you notice that when DarkKat
drops the bomb with Razor clinging to the top, and he laughs
maniacally from the cockpit, that the sound of his laughter trails away
as the bomb drops, as though the viewer was actually Razor? After Razor
cuts the wires ("DarkKat, you miserable psycho!") and he parachutes off
of the bomb which plows into Enforcer headquarters - he plug his ears
with his fingers in case the bomb went off! (Man, those multi-megaton
explosions can be sooooo noisy). When you look at the fight scene with
DarkKat and the Creeplings in DarkKat's lair, check out T-Bone's boxing
strategy - he leads with his left all the time, as he does in some of the
other eps like "Katastrophe" - consistently.

     Oh yeah, nearly forgot. I love the "flashback" sequence from this
ep showing the history of Jake and Chance getting drummed out of the
Enforcers, but what's the deal with that piece of paper that Feral has in
his hand, but doesn't refer to? I _suppose_ it's the bill for the
Enforcer bldg damage? Also, they mention a bunch of other
animal-citizens of the Katworld (one of which I just noticed is "Junkyard
Raccoon"), but what, exactly, is Lt. Steel? He looks more like a
fox-thing than he does any kind of Kat...

(yes, I do know my header is messed up)

--
     "...$%#!!_at_!!, does EVERYTHING have to occur at the speed of MTV?!"
  - George Lucas on the cancellation of "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles",