Re: (fwd) Video Stuff:"Kat-Traptions?"

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 07:20:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 10 Jul 1995, Ian Lynn wrote:

> Same problem in the southrn IL/IN region, no videos for purchase
> or rent. Wal-Mart, K-Marts, TRU (bad sign in my opinion), Block-
> busters...nada. I guess Andy's MMPR to SK comparison was right.
> Sad, but True!!!!
>
> Ian

     Well, this is crap. I just looked at the "DarkKat" tape, and the
backgrounds are damn beautiful - didn't come through on the broadcast
versions. I'll try and get on the phone at work, though it's all LD for
me, and try and call Blockbuster's head office. I wish someone down
there would beat me to this - just call your local store and ask for the
number to the head office and start asking pointed questions. We have
"Block" in Canada too, but the H.O. may be different from the US ones.
I've got a pile of questions for Christian, and I'll add this video and
game deal to the list. I actually _hate_ being right when it comes to
negative 'Kats stuff.

     "...$%#!!_at_!!, does EVERYTHING have to occur at the speed of MTV?!"
  - George Lucas on the cancellation of "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles",
    after hearing that viewers expected constant action, rather than a
                        "gentle history lesson"