Re: Steel(e)?

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 18:28:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, Ian Lynn wrote:

> Knew I forgot to mention something from this weekend, "Wrath of DK" was on one
> of the local channels, and I noticed the "that's with 2 e's" comment.
> Though you're also right about the placard, this may be one for the Bros. T.
> to answer.

     I'm going to guess that a BG artist at H-B just guessed at the
spelling, and guessed wrong. It happens a lot in the series, actually -
my two favourites are "Cement Machinegan" and "Hanger" instead of
"Hangar". Brothers T describe themselves as "conductors of the
orchestra", so they don't often have a handle on the vaguaries of the
various instruments in it.

> I guess this is mainly for Andy and Dana....It seems to me that when
> you refer to discussions you've have with the Tremblays, you always
> refer to Christian. Is Yvon harder to get in touch with, Christian
> the first one you got in touch with, or does Yvon speak French??
> Just wondering.

     The short answer is that Yvon doesn't speak English. Christian
speaks English very well. They're both from Canada, like me, and we're
all supposed to have gone through "official" language training so we end
up bilingual. It works better in some cases than others, so Yvon
probably remembers as much English from school as I do French. I can
pick up French now and again, but it has to be tres lentement.

Andy