Wow...some amazing e-replies, listfolks

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 1995 08:26:24 -0700 (PDT)

    Um, I'm trying to type while grinning like the proverbial Cheshire
'KAT, but just as I'm sure Dana et al were amazed at the success of the
mailing list - I'm floored by some of the responses in e-mail I'm getting
regarding the newsgroup and the program in general. Last couple of days,
I've had like ten supporting letters, some of which are from animators
and comics artists who also realize that "someone at Turner needs to give
their head a shake...best thing H-B's done in over a decade..." and the
like. Some of these people asked me to forward their stuff to the
Tremblays, others ask about Turner's collective mental health...but all
of them want to see the creation of the group, and more eps of the program.
I've had one somewhat negative response from someone who thought it
necessary to express their no-grammar opinion through an anonymizing
service, but I think I'll answer it on the 'group.

     Administrative stuff regarding the 'group proposal: there really
isn't any meaningful "voting" going on, the number of responses is needed
to attract the attention of others, and to demonstrate to the newsadmins
that "live" in alt.config that there is considerable interest in
"alt.tv.swatkats". If you haven't posted a followup, please do - even if
all you have to say is "good idea/bad idea" - it'll help.

     Other stuff - seems that the toy line was shopped around first to
Hasbro, rather than Remco. As with Turner, the "street level" people in
the Hasbro organization recognized the property for what it was, and were
gung-ho to get the rights. Again, as with Turner, the "executives"
decided that cat-characters wouldn't sell, and the deal was sold to
Remco. Remco has been out of the ac/adv figure game for quite awhile,
and the 'KATS toys herald their re-entry into the field. Now I hear
"June" again for the ac-figure release, but no one alter the FAQ or their
holiday plans just yet - no one wants to confirm/deny it yet. Next, Falk
and Stenstrum split because they really didn't see any chance that 'KATS
would be revived, but these same "street-level" people also didn't see
the cancel order coming - so any wishful-thinking renewal will probably
not be preceded by any advanced warning.

     Last, there is an e-mail address on Aol.com apparently that we can
send show/cancellation comments to, but I don't know the add - anyone else?
I almost feel like echoing them all the posts (200 items since the last
download to the Tremblays, BTW), but it'd give them a negative impression
of the net, not a positive one on the 'KATS.

Andy

  "It isn't the money, or the time...it's just that we all worked so hard to
   make something really good...to prove to the system.." - Mike Jittlov