Re: 'KAT fan as well as thief with good taste...

From: Dana Uehara <duehara_at_cisk.atmos.Ucla.EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 May 95 20:18:50 PDT

Andy Hill writes:
> Seems that there are a number of huge banners outside H-B featuring
> all of the characters through the ages, up to and including the
> SwatKats - until recently, that is. Some enterprising soul walked
> right by all the other ones, and stole only the one for "SwatKats"!

Okay, Walt, why'd you take the banner? Give it back! ;-)

Seriously, though, this sounds like one person who definitely couldn't
wait until July...

> Guess what? There are a _lot_ of people that really like 'KATS out
> there, but we only get to hear the ones with Internet access.

I'm not surprised. I've talked to a couple of people that I've met
(through friends) who like the 'Kats, but don't have internet or email
access.

I've advertised the up-and-coming fan club in the next issue of "In-Fur-
Nation," which is the ConFurence newsletter. For those of you who don't
know what ConFurence is, it's a convention themed on anthropomorphics,
or any animal endowed with human qualities (the ability to stand upright,
talk, etc). The generic term is "furries" (if you can, read alt.fan.furry
for details). I also believe the mailing list will be advertised in the
next issue of In-Fur-Nation, but I may have to double-check that.

> BTW, someone was looking into creating a 'KATS newsgroup - where'd
> we get to with that?

I'd like to know about this, too. There's nothing so far, and I'd like
to create one, only I don't know how (and I don't think I have enough
access privileges to do so).

BTW: check out the FTP site if you can. We've got quite a bit of new
pix on there (and it's possible we may get some "sound bites" on the
site later on).

--
=================== Dana Uehara (duehara_at_atmos.ucla.edu) ==================
"I was raised to always offer my seat to a lady..." -- Razor