Re: New 'Kats episode?!?!

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 21:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 22 May 1995, Dana Uehara wrote:

> Is it just me, or was anyone else expecting an actual interview with the
> SWAT Kats? Remember, Ann Gora *did* actually interview the duo once,
> after they captured Chopshop...

    Yep. The episode is one of the 11 minute ones, and it's called
"SwatKats Unplugged" written by Glenn Leopold.

        "We have a mission Ann, down these mean skies, a 'Kat must fly..."

> I have to agree that in retrospect, the episode isn't of the caliber as
> of the earlier episodes. I'm not sure if H-B (or the Tremblays -- am I
> gonna get in trouble for this? ;-) just wanted an episode to sort of
> "close out" the series. The episode isn't "bad" per se, IMHO; it just
> looked more sloppily put together than the other episodes that aired.

     I'm going to ask when/why they came up with this idea, but I'll
guess it was a cheap way to get a "new" episode without getting any more
animation done - they just take some scraps to AVID and get the voice
artists to come back in and lay the tracks. I haven't seen it yet, some
kind soul is forwarding me a tape, but from some of the dialogue I've
heard it could actually be more or less adlibbed by Barry G. and Charlie
A. while the tape was running on the editor. "Close out the series"?
Mmm...I'd have to actually see it, but I kind of doubt it's intended that
way. Look at all of us going "cool, something new!" - I'm sure they
realize that lots of other folks think exactly the same thing. I would
even go so far as to suggest that the Brothers Tremblay know nothing
about it.

Andy