Re: SWAT Kats Love, turned up a few degrees...

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 07:25:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 3 May 1995, Ed Rudnicki wrote:

> But what you said about Ann is also true of Felina and Callie. Both
> are _very_ dedicated to their jobs. Perhaps the difference is one of
> degree, but IMHO not all that much. If anything, Felina Feral is
> more dedicated than Ann Gora.

     Ahhh...but here's the difference! Felina is focused on her career,
but her career focuses on a passion for helping her fellow citizens -
those "career women" I get along with just fine. Callie Briggs, though
technically a loathsome politician, is also a career chick with the same
goals as Felina; she also is there to help out MegaKat city.
Journalists? Scary. Talked to a few, and the overwhelming impression I
get is they're very concerned with bylines and promotions, some of them
like being "where it all happens", but essentially they're just
status-seekers and very much self-absorbed, neither of which could be
said about the other two. Depends on your personal taste, but nothing
turns me off more than someone who spends most of their time in the sole
pursuit of self. Things might be different in MegaKat city, but the
observation seems to hold true enough in MyCity.

Andy