Re: Live Action SWAT Kats?

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 1995 18:27:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 29 Apr 1995, Ratman wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Apr 1995, Kevin L. Knoles wrote:
>
> > proves it. I just get nausceous thinking about it. Live action SWAT Kats?
> > Bleeeeech!
>
> I agree. I'd much prefer an animated version. But lots of frames per second,
> great sound quality, etc... Movie quality.

     Personally, I would rather see the animated movie - really well done
of course, and I know I'll get flamed, but I'd like to see it done in the
style of Mook from "Unlikely Alloys". Some people really hate that kind
of angular style, but I really liked it, despite the fact some of the
facial expressions were a bit rigid, T-Bone and Razor looked so, well, I
dunno - "cool".

     Live action? Hmmm. I thought the first TMNT movie worked well with
the Animatronics from Henson, and I'll disagree with you lot and say that
it could work if lots of money was spent. T-Bone and Razor would end up
looking quite good, I think, but the ancilliary characters like Callie
would be hard to get "right". I think this really depends on whether or
not you liked the first TMNT movie - Christian brought it up, though I
was already thinking about it. The TurboKat stuff would be _very_ hard
to do, granted, and MegaKat City would be very hard to create in order to
maintain the same "feel" from the cartoon. A live action flick could
preserve the nature of the characters, which is what I like most out of
the whole show anyhow - but I think the animated route should be first.

Andy (Kevin, don't need to apologize to me...I know people who hated TMNT
      1 and love the Turtles!)