Re: Stuph, morbid and non-morbid...

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 07:47:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 25 Apr 1995, Ed Rudnicki wrote:

> Is it me, or do too many Enforcers successfully bail out of their
> helos? I know I've seen a few instances where they seem to go down
> with their aircraft, which is realistic, but there are some where
> they successfully get out, which is unlikely.

     The second season eps show a lot less "hitting the silk". I have a
friend that flies Bell 212's (civvy "Twin Huey") and the general rule
about bailing out of choppers seems to be:

        "You auto-rotate, or you die."

     Think about it. You're in a BlackHawk that's crashing, and you jump
out. Are you going to clear the rotor? Don't think so.

P.S. The radio interference to the fly-by-wire controls in my
fanfic-thing was based on a number of BlackHawk helicopter crashes apparently
caused by control system failure brought on by exposure to a heavy
electromagnetic field. There have been six instances so far, if I
recall, but everyone's been reluctant to pinpoint that as the cause.

Andy