Re: new mailing lists

From: Ratman <rat_at_rat.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 19:36:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, THADDEUS BOYD wrote:

> >I'm going to maintain a web page that will have information about other
> >sonic lists. Hopefully this will smooth the transition to any new list.
> >
> >http://rat.org/sonic/list.html
> >
> >If anyone wants me to put information about their mailing list, I will
> >add it.
>
> Thanks, that's a step in the right direction. If you have to let somebody
> down (okay, poor choice of words; this isn't something you HAVE to do, but
> if you're GOING to let somebody down), at LEAST give them someone else to
> turn to.

I think I know what you meant, regardless of how it came out. Regardless of
what people think of me, I do want to make it easy for someone else to pick
this up.

I just won't let anyone else have access to the subscriber list since it
would be done without each and every member's consent, and I'd rather that
they are given the choice of being a part of a new list instead of just
copied to a new list. There I got with my personal moral standards again, but
I'm not going to bend on this one.