#sonic op policy

From: Matt Penna <mpenna_at_vivanet.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 16:44:06 -0400

>Hello, My name is Jarrett, I'm a friend of Speed's, and about that op thing.
>I would like for that every body gets op now. Theres no more bot on the
>channle now, yet sertant people (MilesProw in paticuler) keep geting op and
>let few other people use it. With no bot I don't think theres any reson we
>others get op, but Miles yoused to be one of the few who always got op, so
>hes diseded thats still going to happen, even though theres no bot to give
>it to him, and Miles I hope your ready this ,so you know my opinuin in this
>oping thing.

MilesProw here.

Unfortunately, Jarrett, that will NOT work. Op status is not a toy to be
played around with. I have made that opping policy known to all for one
simple reason: If I play favorites with certain people, everyone will expect
to be opped. If everyone is opped, including those people that I don't even
know, the channel will be taken over, and all of us will be thrown out by
the troublemakers. That is a foregone conclusion. Once this happens, there's
not much that can be done, save a few 'creative' things that I might try. ;)
But most of the time, I am powerless to do anything to help the situation
once we've been thrown out and banned.

I stand by my decision.

-Matt Penna
E-mail: mpenna_at_vivanet.com
Home Page Under Construction
* StH JJ1 Wks+++ AdS-->+ Son+++i Sal+++^ Tal+++it Bun+++ Rot++ Ant~ *
* UnC++ Bks++ Rbk--/++ Pck--/+++ Snv~ Knu++ P+ Da $++++ Ay79 GM *