Re: 'Bot Food...

From: Dennis Hurst <dhurst_at_appstate.campus.mci.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 23:27:20 -0400 (EDT)

At 11:45 AM 5/29/96, you wrote:

>I was looking through my Sonic eps last weekend (the Sonic content of my blood
>is dangerously low at present) and came across "Spyhog". Now, something I saw
>in this ep has been bugging me for a while now. Sonic goes to Uncle Chuck's
>hideout and gives him a chili dog. Chuck eats the dog... and says it's
>delicious. Now, I'm not and expert on robotics, but how could his systems
>handle a fod meant for organics? And how could he TASTE it with a metal
>tongue? Just something to think about. Hope you guys didn't discuss this yet
>(I haven't read ALL the list archives...)
>

>"The Terror That Hacks in the Night"
>Geson Hatchett/Racewing Kid

AH here is the part that gets tecnical. The possibliity is that Robotization
replaces certain senses with Robotic counterparts (eyes with optic sensors,
ears with audio recptors, ect.) Look at Commander Data from the Star Trek:
TNG series. He uses sensors in his mouth to taste, and food is converted
into another power source(Don't ask How I know this, I don't remember the
book I was reading, possible a source book for RPG). I hope this helps
somewhat. =:-)

Dennis Hurst (dhurst_at_appstate.campus.mci.net)

StH JJ1 WkS++ Arc++ Son+i Sal++^ Tal++ Bun+++"t! P+ Do &+++
E27 A22 Gm