Re: stuff

From: THADDEUS BOYD <AHVT94B_at_prodigy.com>
Date: Sun May 26 01:40:45 1996

Good job, we have a topic now! Your first question's already had
undisputable answers, so on to the continuity questions...

>First, does anyone use solid projectile weapons (guns that use bullets),
>or all they all beam waepons?

Hard to say. Plasma could be considered somewhere in-between beams and
solids. The Freedom Fighters, on the other hand, haven't (to my
remembrance) used any weapons on the cartoon, and in the comic have only
used (relatively) primitive ones.

>What is the actual scientific porcess for (sp?)robotazation?

I'd say it certainly involves the goal of ancient alchemists -- to be able
to transform any type of matter into any other.

>How much of Mobious(sp?) does Robotnic control (pre-doomsday)?

Well, the "90%" answer has been given, but we know for sure that, at the
time, he didn't know about the existence of the Floating Island, so it's
possible he didn't know about other hidden societies...

(Skipping over next three questions, as they've been answered)

Finally, regarding Robotnik's motives...nobody knows for sure, though I DO
believe it's a variety of reasons. First off, I'd DEFINITELY agree that
he's a sadistic psychopath. Second, he could be trying to prove something
to former colleagues (a deduction that MIGHT be made from his taunting
letter in The Hunt Begins). Third, as someone's said, once he got rid of
King Acorn, he couldn't leave subjects to revolt against him. Fourth, he
could be practicing on "inferior" beings for a takeover on another planet.
Finally is the (extremely unlikely) possibility that he's not even doing it
of his own accord, but is following orders from something more sinister.
Of all these, I'd say only 1 and 3 truly follow from the given information;
2 being a remote possibility; 4 & 5 being just musings.

><

'Nuff Said.