TV vs. Comics-- a aminor point...

From: Robert Haynie <rhaynie_at_jaguar.ac.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 17:07:36 GMT

    Well, guys, IMHO, the satAM series and the comics are TWO DIFFERENT
CONTINUITIES. There's little or no way to reconcile the two...
especially since the comics goes through a standalone work to drawing
from the weekday series to drawing (thank heaven) inages and ideas fro,
the satAM one. But the three venues are separate and equal. (Well,
separate and equal except for the often hideous weekday series.)

    Acorn may well be trapped in the Crystal Void in the SatAM show, but
that's no guarantee that he's there in the comic. Just as Ms. Rabbot
appeared originally in the comic but didn't appear in the show until the
ABC SatAM show was developed. All separate, see? Not requiring
desparate attemps to lock in canon.

    Actually, we have THREE canons-- the weekday show, the ABC SatAm
show, and the comic (which seems pretty much to draw from aspects of
both). This boy's gonna treat each canon as separate. Besides, in
"Night of 1000 Sonics" we know that there are LOTS of variances...
(I dealt with that somewhat in The Barbarian) So SatAM is best regarded
on a track very close to the Comic track, but not identical.

    a rather opinionated rob