Re: Comments on Sonic #36 (spoilers)

From: <KenP7672_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 21:07:43 -0400

>The bottom of page 8 was a bit confusing; are we to infer that Robotnik
kept that "photon cannon" going from the time of King Acorn's imprisonment
until just now?<

The confusion for this stems from the drawing. Robotnik should have been
wearing his normal uniform, not his warlord uniform, indicating the breach
was a recent event.

>I'll leave comment on the ID of the masked rider to others, and/or until
after another issue or two :^) Though it _does_ conflict with the show...<

Sorry about that, but how do you know the show got it right, hmmm? Actually,
we never received scripts to every episode and sad to say, the second season
of SONIC was never shown on TV in my neck of the woods. Incidentally, my son
took me to task about the inconsistencies. However, by that time, SEGA had
already approved the story.

>Not sure why Dimitri had to hook up _sails_ to the island - didn't he have
enough power to propel it himself?<

Sure he did, but he was being a bad guy at this time, see? And you can't
establish enslavement if HE does the work, can you?

>How could fire ants chew through the wall in so short a time? (hours?)
This seemed a bit deus ex machina to me... Also that with all that power,
Dimitri could apparently be crushed to death by the collapse of the tower
(and it wasn't clear that the skull-like (shades of The Phantom?) Mt. Fate
was created by its collapse).<

This was a case of limited space and a lot of material to cover. We felt any
cracks could be explained by the fans using their imaginations.

Ken