Re: A few things: (Actually, a lot!)

From: <KenP7672_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 11:07:35 -0400

Dan,

Not wishing to get off-topic, but DESPITE the shoddy animation, which really
was the BEST on TV at that point in time, it's the STORIES which determine
whether legitimacy should be conferred or not. Many of those stories on the
TREK animated series do warrant inclusion into the continuity, especially
YESTERYEAR, MORE TROUBLES MORE TRIBBLES and THE COUNTER-CLOCK INCIDENT. It
would be like trying to dismiss a legitimate SONIC story on the basis that
there was one aspect you didn't like.

As for stuff "ending up on the cutting room floor", as it were, you'd be
amazed at how many bits haven't been used in every story or changed because
of one reason or another. In fact, it's only recently that we're able to
develop the stories we can BECAUSE THERE ISN'T ANY ANIMATED SERIES to lead
the cart. I fully believe after working on the KNUCKLES mini-series recently
that if this were the situation when we did the PRINCESS SALLY mini-series,
at the very least the villain and the mission would have been allowed as
originally intended. I can't say more in case we can do that story in the
future.

BTW, I was wondering how come you hadn't commented on SONIC #36, good or bad,
just yet.

Ken