Re: Sonic Fan-Fic Update

From: Lye Victor <vicl_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 15:31:58 +0800

Several days back , I posted an "advertisement" on this list for my fan-fiction
stories . This is just a small update .

This is the number of requests I have recieved to date :

Temporal Trouble : 5
Of Foxes and Sorcery (3 parts) : 6
As the Wheel Turns : 5

For those who prefer to download it from the WWW , read here , then skip the
section on e-mails .
A day or two ago , I recieved an offer from the person known as Commander
Sonic Data ( I don't know his/her real name) . He/She offered to upload my
fan-fic to his/her webpage , so that people wouldn't have to contact me directly
for these stories (since rat.org won't be updated real soon...) . Anyway ,
he/she has kept his/her word and all five of my fan-fic stories are now
available at the Freedom Fighters Command Central (I think that's the name..)
The URL is HTTP://INET.UNI-C.DK/~SONICCSD/ . Look in the Gallery section .
Many , many thanks to Commander Sonic Data for the offer .

REMEMBER to let me know what you think of my fan-fic . Thanx .

For those of you who want to recieve the fan-fic via e-mail , read below .
Since I have to send the stories to you manually , and I only check my mail
once a day , all requests should be processed within 36 hours from the time you
sent the request . If this time has elasped and you still haven't recieved it ,
it probably means that the request got lost (Check the address you sent it to ,
was it vicl_at_pacific.net.sg ? ) , or something equally nasty . So , if you
haven't heard back from me , do send another letter my way , and I'll send you
your request .

If you have no idea what I'm talking about , chances are that you missed my
earlier post , so for those in the dark , there's a description of my fan-fic
below . Enjoy .

Aaron Lye
vicl_at_pacific.net.sg
StH JJ1 WkS tFF Son++ Sal++ Tal+++t Bun++" Rot~ Ant++ Nic+ Dul+ UnC0 Bks+
Vil Rbk0 Snv--/+ Ext Knu+ Mut+ P+ Df $+++ E27 Ay78 GM

Read the stuff below , and if any of the stories catch your interest and if you
don't want to wait till May to get them , e-mail me at vicl_at_pacific.net.sg for
a copy , which you will receive within a day or two from the time you contacted
me .

The following work is entirely original , to the best of my knowledge . As I've
said , I only recently started in this stuff , so people might have done this
before without me knowing ...

# 1 : Temporal Trouble

David Prower ( Tails' cybernetic brother created by fanfic author Shawn Wolski )
is apparently lost during a freak accident , and Rotor has to find him . Sonic
admits his "dislike" for the cyberfox .

Personal Note : I can't really go into detail for this story , since elaborating
further would really spoil it .

# 2 : Of Foxes and Sorcery - Part One

This story would probably fit in the Alternate Sonic Universes section of the
Sonic web page ( in the category "Bloodlines" is in )

This story revolves around Tails . The two tailed fox is fed up with the way the
Freedom Fighters treat him like a child . That however is about to change .
While on a long walk , comtemplating on that fact , Tails' loses his way , is
confronted and nearly killed by a wild animal , but is saved just in time by a
mysterious creature , who upon finding out who Tails is , leads him to meet
a person Tails never thought still existed . That person leaves Tails a legacy
the fox had never even dreamt of ....
Now with a devastating power backing Tails , the fox loses control of himself
temporarily , due to unforseen circumstances . During that time , Tails creates
big problems for Snively , who is now intent on catching and killing Tails ....

This is just a short description which does not cover all the parts of the
story .

# 3 : Of Foxes and Sorcery - Part Two

This part of the story covers part of Tails' attempt at mastering his "gift" ,
with aid from unexpected sources .

This part is rather short , so I can't go into detail

# 4 : Of Foxes and Sorcery - Part Three

This concludes the "Of Foxes and Sorcery" story . Snively goes into full swing
to capture Tails , causing dire side effects in the process . Though his
original plan fails , circumstances created by the failure leaves room for a
secondary plan for Snively to capture the menace . Tails is eventually lured
to Robotropolis , due to circumstances beyond his control ... lured to the
trap that Snively has prepared for him .

This story had several references to violence ( not that much ) , and may not
agree with everyone . In my opinion , the story might also be considered
slightly depressing .... but you decide for yourself .

# 5 : As the Wheel Turns

This story is set in the future , ten years after Snively's defeat . Mobius
is once again peaceful , but an important decision that its rulers have to make
might just have dire consequences ....

Like "Temporal Trouble" , I cannot reveal too much about this story . It is
however , in my opinion , quite an ok one ....

So , e-mail me if the stories interest you . The longest is Of Foxes and
Sorcery Part III ( about 8 pages ) , the shortest is Part II of the same story
( 2 pages ) .

Happy reading !

Aaron Lye
vicl_at_pacific.net.sg