Acceleration/Deacceleration/ Reality meets 'toon physics.

From: ablater <ablater_at_lin01.global.co.za>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 00:05:12 -0200 (GMT)

Okay, first off, assuming that whowever is behind Sonic was shielded from
wind, they could move up to an speed, and even above light-speed (If you
believe that's possible without becoming energy and thus.. dying).
The only force pushing against the hog-rider would be acceleration, so for
an example let's assume the following scenario. Sonic accelerates to mach 1
in 10 seconds.

Mach 1 = 300M.s. (Or about 900-1000 Ft/s)
t = 10 (10 seconds)

a = v-u/t
a = 300/t

a = 30m.s. -2

{excuse my physics..}

Now gravity is only 10m.s...(let's assume Sally was clambering to his
quills) This means that Sally's weight, would be magnified to three times
what it normally is, and would be pulling in a direction opposite of Sonic's.
To hold on Sally, would need to be able to hold up her own weight.. three
times over. Imagine that.. or to put it practically, imagine hanging off a
building with two people of your weight dangling from your legs!

Okay, now let's assume a Super Sonic stop.. mach 1 to zero in 3 seconds.
a = v-u/t
a = -300/3
a = -100m.s -2 deacceleration.

Sally would be squeezed with ten times her own weight up against Sonic.(Now
that's a lethal hug!) In reality this would not be happy.. she'd pass out
for sure. [Again, try to imagine nine people your weight - sitting one on
another on top of you!]

Well that leaves it all up to magic, mobian enviroment (Maybe their air is
very thin? Or their gravity is 30m/s.?) and imagination (Toon physics).

Cheer_Z
*------------------------------------------------------*------------*
| | | | | | | | | | \ | | | | 0110100101 |
| "Life is a .Mod, four channels, but reality has only two speakers.|
| If it is in this life that we must prove ourselves, |
| then I'm a cacophony of static.. luke warm and chaotic." - END |