Sonic wins the vote!

From: Ratman <rat_at_bort.mv.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 01:19:03 -0500 (EST)

Haven't gotten a vote since last Wednesday, so I think all the votes are in.

Sonic is the winner of the voting!

Here are the vote results. I wasn't sure how to analyze them, so
here are what people voted:

email #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

ab360_at_rgfn.epcc.edu tails sally bunnie sonic robotnik
bdclark_at_direct.ca sonic tails rotor sally antione
cmugg1_at_gl.umbc.edu mechasonic tails vector bunnie sonic
empire_at_eden.rutgers.edu sally bunnie tails sonic snively
hti_at_kaiwan.com knuckles antione bunnie tails sonic
lara_at_physics.utexas.edu bunnie sally geoffery sonic rotor
lavery_at_terra.nlnet.nf.ca mechasonic knuckles espio tails sonic
max_at_maxie.com sonic tails knuckles rotor scratch
optimus_at_canit.se sally bunnie antione chuck robotnik
rat_at_rat.org tails sally bunnie geoffery sonic
s.kielb_at_dcs.napier.ac.uk sonic sally rotor bunnie chuck
soniccsd_at_inet.uni-c.dk sally sonic bunnie nicole tails
tedp_at_wpi.edu sonic sally dulcy bunnie -
xxax26b_at_prodigy.com sonic tails knuckles sally -

If you give them all equal weight, they come out like this:

  13 sonic
  10 tails
  10 sally
  10 bunnie
   4 rotor
   4 knuckles
   3 antione
   2 robotnik
   2 mechasonic
   2 geoffery
   2 chuck
   1 vector
   1 snively
   1 scratch
   1 nicole
   1 espio
   1 dulcy

But if you give more weight to #1, like so:

#1 gets 3 point
#2 gets 2 point
#3 #4 and #5 gets 1 point

it comes out like this:

  24 sonic
  21 sally
  18 tails
  14 bunnie
   7 knuckles
   6 mechasonic
   4 rotor
   4 antione
   2 robotnik
   2 geoffery
   2 chuck
   1 vector
   1 snively
   1 scratch
   1 nicole
   1 espio
   1 dulcy

But no matter how you extrapolate it, I think Sonic is the winner. Though 13
isn't a big enough population to make any conclusions. It was just a fun
experement.