Re: What's an echidna?

From: Matt Penna <mpenna_at_vivanet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 22:46:48 -0500

> Ever since Sonic the Hedgehog 3 first came out, I've always wondered,
what the heck is an echidna??! When they first started selling StH3 toys at
McDonalds, I thought Knuckles was some kind of dog until I got StH3 and read
the description of Knuckles! So, answer my question: What the heck is an
echidna and how do you pronounce it -- e_k_idna or e_"ch"_idna?

Well, an echidna (Pronounced e_KID_na) is also known as a spiny anteater.
It's an egg-laying mammal found in Australia, about 12 to 18 inches in
length. So, yes, it does actually exist. (And, no, they are not red.) :)

-Matt