Re: Sega

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:09:47 -0500 (EST)

> Littel sugestion, Wouldn't it be cool if Sega made a game based on
> the REAL adventures (the cartoon and comic)! You could play as one of the
> Freedom fighters! Including REAL places, Knothole, Robotropiles,etc.. It
> might help Sonic out a bit too.

According to Ken Penders at Archie Comics, the Sally miniseries was an
attempt at testing the waters for spinning Sally off in terms of games
and merchandise. However, sales were disappointing because a)
distribution was poor, and b) there was a reluctance on the part of the
core audience of boys to get into what was perceived to be a girls'
comic. It's been suggested before that Bunnie (increased strength
through robotics) and Sally (enhanced agility, access to Nicole) would
make great game characters, but I'm afraid that the preadolescent gender
thing will continue getting in the way.

And now for something completely mushy: