Re: The Sonic show

From: James Firmiss <firmiss_at_cae.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 18:52:31 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, Matt Penna wrote:

> The Saturday morning Sonic series basically blows away any other
> attempts at US videogame cartoons. Lets face it, the Super Mario
> Bros. Super Show was really lame.

I kinda liked the early Super Mario Bros Super Show. It had Lou Albano
(sp?) (an ex pro-wrestler) as Mario! I also thought King Koopa was cute!
Once they replaced him with those lame-o surfer-dude rejects and added all
those Koopa Kids the show was unwatchable.

> I didn't like it. It was too predictable. I've found that most of the stuff
> that's on Saturday mornings now isn't even worth watching. Too bad.

Same here... The best two new shows out there these days are:

   The Tick
   Earthworm Jim ( Sunday mornings )

  (Princess What's-Her-Name in Earthworm Jim sounds a lot like
   Princess Sally... Not suprising... Same person does the voice,
   Kathy Souci (sp?) [also the voice of Fifi LaFume].