Comments on Sonic 34 (spoilers)

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 23:16:12 -0500 (EST)

A correspondent from my mini-list beat me to the main comment on the art:

>Not sure I like Sally's facial makeover for the issue. Something about
>the eyes and muzzle just doesn't seem right. But, the bod is great. :-)

Agreed - I just now noticed her last appearance on page 16 - yow!

>And Bunnie's black costume is pretty trick..although I don't
>understand why they'd leave her highly reflective metal surfaces open.

I think that whole black outfit thing is more for show than any practical
camouflage. And I see they're continuing to imply her entire lower half is
robotic, but I'll let the .fandomers hash that out...

Nice Pogo reference on Page 9 (and Jay Ward too? :^))

Good thing Rotor learned his lesson from Sally's roboticization and
attached the Neuro-Overrider (TM, R) a bit more securely this time...

Now for the Knuckles story:

Is it just me, or did Echidnapolis as shown on page 2 look like scenes
from pre-explosion Krypton? :^) And presumably future stories will show
how and why they dumped their city for the more primitive look of the
island today...

More office humor for Dan to flame, er comment on... But I see Scott (or
whoever answers the letters) dodged Roby Brown's question about what they
do with all the letters - Scott in his "column" did say he read them all,
but the question is does he file or toss them afterwards?

RDB