Growing Pains -- 2d Thoughts

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 09:16:21 -0500 (EST)

Anyone out there see yesterday's (Feb 17) episode of "C-Bear and Jamal"
on Fox? (I know, this starts out off-topic, but it gets better).

In the story, Jamal turns 10 and suddenly starts thinking he can get
through the day without C-Bear. Throughout the ep, I couldn't help but
think of Tails during "Growing Pains" and "Southern Crossover."

By the end of the ep, however, the real reason for Jamal's wanting to
grow up comes out: despite the fact that his family, his homies and
C-Bear all tell him they'll be there for him, he remembers that his Mom
said the same thing but "she left me and went to Heaven." C-Bear
assures Jamal that there'll always be people who'll be there for him
"because love never dies." Which confirms my belief that the "C" in
C-Bear stands for Care and we're dealing with a Care Bear for the 90s,
but anyway....

WHY couldn't Gallagher have built toward such a line in Southern
Crossover? As it stands, Tails about-face on how he feels about the
Knothole gang is totally unmotivated. This is how it should have been
done. But you've probably heard this from me before.

|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu