Antoine

From: <KenP7672_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 19:15:19 -0500

Actually, Antoine is not such a bad character. The way I see him, he's been
through a war, and he didn't like what he experienced. This has, in effect,
tempered him with a certain pragmatism. He recognizes a bad situation when he
sees one, and he knows his limitations. He also has a certain snobbishness to
certain, which is appropriate considering his French background. And before
anyone of French ancestry get on my back for such a stereotype, I've had more
than one person decry some of the negative traits of their fellow Frenchmen
or women, so they recognize it among themselves as well. When the right story
comes along, Antoine will get his moment to shine.

The thing to realize is the name of the book is SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, NOT "The
FREEDOM FIGHTERS" or SONIC THE HEDGEHOG & FRIENDS. While we try to give the
others characters room to grow, we can only do so much with the space we have
and we can't do it at Sonic's expense. That's why the mini-series and back-up
series.

The other thing to realize is that anybody who's reading this is already a
SONIC fan. We need you to make people aware the comics are every bit as good
as what you're getting from the other publishers. Most readers of straight
super-hero books, for instance, are surprised when they read a story in SONIC
that could very well have appeared in THE AVENGERS of JUSTICE LEAGUE, to name
a couple of titles. Our attitude is a good story is a good story, only in
this case we have cute, furry animals as our representatives for telling that
story.

Ken